Services: HBS Intensive Interview Simulation
Predicting exactly what questions you will be asked in your Harvard Business School (HBS) interview is impossible, given the dynamic nature of the meeting and the school’s individualized approach, but this does not mean you cannot prepare to navigate the interaction effectively and increase your chances of leaving your desired impression! To help candidates do this, mbaMission offers an HBS Intensive Interview Simulation with Devi Vallabhaneni, a veteran interviewer with years of experience interviewing hundreds of HBS candidates.
What is included in our HBS Intensive Interview Simulation?
- Through this simulation, you will have the opportunity to experience an HBS mock interview that mirrors the exact way the school conducts these sessions, demystifying the process and positioning you to enter your actual HBS interview with increased competence and confidence.
- Before your first session, Devi will spend several hours reviewing your written HBS application, following the same process she used when conducting candidate interviews for HBS.
- After each interview session (you may choose how many you would like in the drop-down menu to the right), Devi will provide you with targeted feedback, talking you through her impressions and offering strategic advice for improving your HBS interview skills. She will then give you “homework” intended to help you practice articulating and verbalizing various aspects of your background.
- You will have sufficient time between your interview sessions to internalize Devi’s feedback and adjust accordingly before practicing with her again.
- Following your actual interview with HBS, if you are not already working with an mbaMission consultant, you can have Devi provide targeted support on your Post-Interview Reflection.*
What is the process?
- The HBS Intensive Interview Simulations are conducted online via webcam.
- Interview sessions are scheduled individually on mutually agreed-upon dates and times.
- You can choose to begin practicing for your HBS interview as soon as you submit your application or wait until you receive an interview invitation.
- Think of each mock interview session with Devi as a “verbal draft” you will build on until you feel confident that you will be able to shine no matter who your interviewer is or what they ask of you.
Who is the HBS Intensive Interview Simulation for?
This Intensive Interview Simulation might be for you if you
- are nervous about the dynamic nature of the HBS interview.
- are generally uncomfortable interviewing or have not had a lot of experience talking about yourself.
- have not done much public speaking or made many executive-level presentations.
- are an HBS reapplicant.
- work in a small corporate environment or family business.
- work in a technical field or role and need help presenting yourself strategically.
- are an ESL applicant and want additional practice using business English in a high-stakes situation.
- are an overrepresented applicant and want to refine how you present yourself.
What Past Clients Are Saying About Devi's HBS Intensive Interview Simulation
To be brief and clear, if you receive an HBS interview, work with Devi. I am inclined to say that it is worth every penny, but it is definitely worth far more.
She is all things you could want in a consultant: extremely knowledgeable about HBS and its process (which leads to really interesting insights), gives very thoughtful feedback that you can actually work on to improve your chances, and is honest and friendly.
Her instinct is spot on, and her insight and candor pushed me to be more confident, more articulate, and more comfortable. She is patient, understanding, and extremely dedicated – she takes her client’s success very seriously.
Working with Devi was a fantastic experience! She helped me self-reflect to extract impactful stories related to my resume and taught me the right approach to connect my different stories. Most importantly, she trained me not to sound “scripted”! Although I practiced with Devi for HBS, her preparations paid dividends. I leveraged her approach during my interviews with other top schools and, thanks to her, I also got admitted to Stanford and Wharton!!! Working with Devi is the best investment ever!!!
*HBS asks all interviewed applicants to write a post-interview essay and submit it within 24 hours of their interview. This essay has no word limit, and HBS suggests that candidates think of it as an email they would write to a friend or colleague, rather than as a formal essay. As part of our targeted HBS intensive interview package, if you are not already working with an mbaMission consultant, Devi will help you strategize your approach and will review one draft of the essay and provide feedback intended to assist you in making it stronger and more effective. Please note that because the HBS Admissions Office explicitly states that applicants are not to write anything in advance or receive outside help with this essay, Devi will not edit your writing but will instead offer detailed strategic direction via comments only. Given the 24-hour deadline, we will suspend our contracted two-business-day turnaround for this essay. You and Devi will determine a schedule that accommodates both your needs and the school’s deadline.
**If you prefer an in-person interview session, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for fees and scheduling options.
***Current mbaMission Complete Start-to-Finish Package clients are eligible for a complimentary, exclusive HBS interview workshop with Devi.
|Online Simulation with 1 Interview Session (Date/Time TBD)||$1,900||
Add to Cart
|Online Simulation with 2 Interview Sessions (Date/Time TBD)||$2,750||
Add to Cart
|Online Simulation with 3 Interview Sessions (Date/Time TBD)||$3,500||
Add to Cart
|Online Simulation with 5 Interview Sessions (Date/Time TBD)||$5,000||
Add to Cart
|Online Simulation - 1 Additional Session (Existing Interview Simulation Clients Only)||$1,200||
Add to Cart